Monday, November 23, 2020 / by Byron Brenes
Ever wish you could become one of those rare morning people? The ones that wake with a start, feeling refreshed and energized. The ones that get in that morning workout or wrap up some work before many of us even hit the snooze button for the first time. Here are five tips to help you achieve that early bird status!
1. Create a morning schedule. Physically write down the things you’d like to complete in the morning and set a time for each. Then stick with it. Once you force yourself out of bed early one or two weeks consistently, you’ll find it gets easier and easier to do.
2. Let the light in. Whether natural or artificial, light tells your brain its time to get up and get going. If your room lacks large windows where you can open the blinds up, consider investing in a timed lamp or alarm clock with light.
3. Prep and eat breakfast. Although there are many of us who chose the skip breakfast, it is key to perking up your energy in the morning. Try prepping protein-focused meals the night before or grab a yogurt or fruit and try to consume it right after you wake.
CLICK HERE TO SEE WHAT 700K TO 800K CAN GET YOU IN CALIFORNIA!
4. Get your body moving. Whether it’s a short walk around your neighborhood or a rigorous 5:30 am spin class, getting your blood pumping will help wake up your body and has a ton of other benefits, like stress and anxiety reduction.
5. Feed your mind. Stimulate your brain and do something you enjoy first thing in the morning. Try reading a favorite book, catching up on the news, doing daily meditation, or setting intentions.
6. Try to go to bed early the day before, the best time is at 10:00 pm no more than that. And try to sleep at least 8 hours. Your body will thank you for it. You will see that your skin glows after a few weeks of this routine.
7. Drink a lot of water. This helps your body internally and also externally and will give you lots of energy to achieve the morning person badge!
And lastly, drink some coffee, you may not achieve the morning person status 100% but at least you will enjoy a hot cup of coffee in the morning... what else do you need to start a day!